The Foundation for World Education manages several funds, the proceeds of which are distributed in the form of grants and other disbursements to support the work of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother in various fields of its manifestation.
Eleanor Montgomery Endowment Fund
The bulk of the grants that are approved each year by the FWE come from the proceeds of the main endowment, the Eleanor Montgomery Endowment Fund.
When she passed away in 1983, the FWE’s founder, Eleanor Montgomery, left her entire estate to the Foundation to further its mission. From the proceeds of the investment fund created with her generous bequest, the Board provides annual grants to worthy and qualifying recipients.
Over the years, the FWE has continued to shift its investment portfolio to more and more socially-responsible funds as they become increasingly stable investments for the endowment.
Over the course of the decades since its inception, this “evergreen” fund has granted over $3 million in support of the evolution of the earth’s consciousness in various fields of endeavor – well over double the amount of its original endowment.
Donor Designated Funds
- Mickey’s Fund: Bequest to carry on Eugene “Mickey” Finn’s tireless and generous giving to Integral Yoga. Established in 1998, after Mickey’s passing, the annual proceeds from this fund support the Matrimandir (Auroville) & Matagiri (U.S.).
- Ron’s Fund: Bequest of Ron Anastasia. Established in 2011 after Ron’s passing, this fund supports one grant each year that is awarded in Ron Anastasia’s name.
- Anuradha Sapru-Kohls Fund Fund: Bequest of Krishna Sapru. Established in 2012 in honor of Anuradha Sapru-Kohls, the proceeds from this fund support the Auro Mira Service Society which runs the Kechla school in Orissa India.
- Morning Star Fund: This is a donor designated fund started in 2018, which supports the Morning Star Birth Center (Auroville).
- Karma Yoga Fund: This is a donor designated fund started in 2019, with proceeds going to Sadhana Forest (Auroville), Matagiri (U.S.), Auroville International-USA and other Integral Yoga center projects.
- Sri Aurobindo Sadhana Peetham New Creation Endowment Fund: Started in 2020 as part of an investment initiative for Integral Yoga centers, this is a donor designated endowment fund that supports Sri Aurobindo Sadhana Peetham (U.S.), an ashram in Northern California.